dimanche 6 avril 2008

A new departure


To my work of this year I have first decided to work about nature, landscape. It was mainly drawings of vegetation,and some ingraving, that I did before observation . It was more the time of the drawing, the particular sentation that I felt during this moment whish interested me. As a micro- sensation that I wantedto show. After I wanted to overtake the drawings, implaying all my body in video- performance, because to me at this moment, it was the better way to be just, to be true with the reality, more than with paintings or drawings.
My point of departure was a kind of dance _between contemporary dance and butô dance_. That I did in my garden. To keep tracks of it , I have written my feelings of these moment, and all the movments as a synopsis. It resulted too,a video where we could see me evolving simply with a chair.
Then, this notion to be « just » true in and with the things, have interested me with the notion of everyday life. I wantedto show that in a simple act there are interesting things. We just have to see it. So I realised four little videos, one with a man washing the ground, another one with people waiting, another one with girl putting his sweat, another one with a child doing the merry-go-round
In this little act where it seems that nothing happen, there is to me a notion of the absurd, of the madness that I developpe in this moment. My next project is a performance where I will sing among animals. So my work is always evolving. In other way I continue a work of drawing but this time from pictures and photographies.
My references are Joseph Beuys, in this way to see the art, especially his drawingsbecause to him the essetial was not the result; and his performance I like America and America like me and Comment expliquer les tableaux à un lièvre mort. But also, contemporary choreographer and dancer as Wim Wandekeuby,( with Puure) Pina Baush, and all the Surrealism movment.
I think it’s difficult to explain the ultimate goal of a work because it can have a gap (décalage) between all the volonties of the artist, his projections and what receive the spectator.
I don’t know if I have a goal but I would like to surprise him, to ask him on what he really is how is his behaviour front of the madness maybe that he will perceive that between the « nothing », the inaction , the little actions and the madness, the border is tigh.